Tuesday, April 18, 2006

i guess it's only tuesday...



Geez...hope this cat knows how to read!

When I was about 15, I started dating (well, kinda) the guy who worked at the pizza shop Kim & I always bought beer at. He was always really nice...actually, he was a true gentleman-type (he wasn't the one there that sold us the beer...the other guys were!). He was 18, and had his own apartment, which was the party-house for everybody...well, mostly the cute guys. This is the house that I got high with the guy in prison now for murder, I still don't think he did it, but that's beside the point. I used to be at that apartment a lot, cuz by then Kim & her family had moved, and I couldn't get to her house, she couldn't get to mine. And, like I said, C was a really nice guy, not like one of those oafs that only think about one thing when they're around a younger girl!
And this is what totally proves that he was truly a nice guy...my mom & dad let me go out on dates at night with him when he was driving! He used to pick me up at school every day when I was in 10th grade. Not that I lived all that far away, just 4 or 5 blocks, but we always played around in the parking lot after school was over with everyone else, stuff like Frisbee, softball, basketball, etc.
One day, everybody was in the parking lot, just messing around, somebody on the other side of the lot was selling drugs, pot & speed were the big ones, but acid had just gotten big. That and qualudes (sp?). So there's a guy over there selling 'Goofy acid'...acid must've been painted on a sheet of perforated pieces of paper with Goofy on them. He had a great big handful of those torn apart, and was selling them like hotcakes for $2.50 a hit. All of a sudden, the wind picked up, and all of them blew out of his hand, and scattered them all across the parking lot!! Now THAT was funny!!
One other time, we were all out there and it was a real boring morning. There was a little building out between the parking lot and the street, and one of the custodians walked out to it, unbolted the door, and went in to fix something, I guess. So, a guy I didn't know ran over to the building and put the padlock back on, and ran back & got in his car, & took off! Oh my God, I don't think I or anyone else had ever laughed harder! And, no, I was still the 'bad girl', and never told C to go let the guy out. *hanging head in shame*.
After I had been married & divorced (within a year, mind you! married at 18, had Tiffany later that year, divorced when I was 19...) C & I got back together. He was still as nice as he always was, and Tiff loved him! He always played with her a lot, & spoiled her, and everything. Everything was okay til it got to the point that he wanted us to 'be serious about each other'. I took about, mmm, a half hour to think about it, then said no, it's too soon, I don't want to be 'tied down' yet (as opposed to tied up). That night I went out with a couple friends from high school, and when I came home to my apartment, found a note in my door from C that said he didn't want to be with me if I was gonna date other guys too. That did kinda hurt...but not enough to make me change my mind. Ya know how a lot of single women with kids let their kids call their boyfriend 'daddy'? I never, ever let Tiff call ANYONE daddy till Kevin adopted her! She used to call him C-Mom, though. Now that was so cute! But Mom was so pissed cuz we broke up, I couldn't believe it! (well, yeah, I guess I can). She was uptight about that til Kev & I had been married about 5 years! Actually, Tiff & I saw him at Kroger once about 10 years ago...He was walking behind me down an aisle, and all of a sudden, I hear "Steelers? What a shitty team!", because I was wearing my great big Steelers winter jacket. I whipped around, ready to say something smartass, and it was him! I started cracking up, and he said 'Yup...still got that shit-eatin' grin, dontcha?
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: