Wednesday, April 13, 2005

done with the speed in my veins!

Well, it's over!! No more days of the nurse having to find my teeny little veins!! Good thing I only do that once or twice a year! I just hope it keeps me feeling better for a while...Kevin says from what he sees, it doesn't improve my symptoms a lot, but it gives me more strength to fight the shit!
Anyway, I am SO lucky he will be with me through this whole thing! We've been married 15 years. We worked at the same place for 5 years before we ever thought seriously about going out, then started dating in Oct '89, on Tiff''s 6th birthday, took vacation the same week in Feb '90, & went to a mall in Columbus on Feb 13, a 6 pm news show put us on tv about looking at Valentine's Day gifts...then when the news guy asked each of us what we were getting the other, I said I wasn't sure, & Kev leaned over & whispered in his ear. The news guy said "oh, ok, thanks guys" and ran away from us over to the camera, where he proceeded to tell all of central Ohio that "they're getting married for Valentine's Day!!" So, after we got back to my apartment that night, the phone was ringing off the hook, but Kev wouldn't let me answer it! Then he did the 'down on one knee' thing to propose! So romantic!! Then we went out Wed the 14th & bought our rings, went to the courthouse & got the license Thurs, and went to City Hall & got married Fri Feb 16th 1990! And I had emailed the tv station in January this year that had had us on, & asked them if there was any possible way they still had a copy so I could make a dvd of it (with background music added & everything!). And, unbelievably, their guy in charge of the archived videos found it!! And sent it here in 2 days, and refused when I offered to pay for the shipping...and enclosed a note from everyone at the station saying congratulations, & they're proud it started on their airwaves! And, oh yeah, the video guy found the video stored at the...Ohio Historical Society!! OMG!
Okay...can you tell I'm 'speedy' from the drugs? And, yes,they're legal!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: