Saturday, April 23, 2005

...Saturday morning...

...can I continue about how spoiled I am, & lucky, too...(of course I can....it's MY diary!)
So, I was married when I was still in high school, of course because I was pregnant with Tiffany. I graduated in June 1983, & Tiff was born Oct 2, 1983. I stayed home with her for her first year, then realized I hated my life, it wasn't SUPPOSED to be like this! Fuck living in a trailer park! I had been spoiled all my life, & had lost every bit of it when I decided to get married & keep my baby! So, I told him one evening after a year, that I was leaving, with Tiffany. I was down in her room at one end of the trailer, getting her stuff, all of a sudden I heard footsteps coming from the other end, I looked down the hall, and he was walking up the other one with a rifle! I grabbed 'Tiffany Pooh-Bear', and ran outside, across the way, to my friend's trailer. I went in, told her, "He has a GUN!!" (I never even had seen one before...sheltered city kid!)...by the way...he was 28 & I was only 19! Unbelievably, she looked at her husband and said, "That's crazy! D, go talk to him!!" He looked at me with total horror in his eyes (he didn't like him on his GOOD days!). So I told him no, do not do that, then called Mom & Dad, and they came out & picked me & Tiff up...& yadayadayada, we moved back in with them, but didn't stay more than a week, cuz I STILL couldn't get along with my dad (he's 87 now, and Mom's 82! I think I was an 'oops baby', don't you?). So I got a job (my first one EVER!) at the grocery store as a cashier, making $3.35 an hour (minimum wage), getting about 20-25 hours a week, rented an apartment (scary as HELL...more about that later!). A 'mentor' of mine advised maybe looking into 'Head Start'...I told my mom that, and she said, "But that's for POOR PEOPLE!" Now I think, "WE were poor!!" I got 20 hours a week at 3.35/hour, my rent was $250/month, I had to get the free formula from welfare, had to get on food stamps, only got $40.00 a week child support...OMG!! NEVER was life supposed to be THIS!! But I'm SO glad I had Tiffany at 18, I've never been pregnant since, and I always said after I delivered her, "She's gonna be an only child..." And I stuck to it~! So, I worked my way up to full-time, took over the produce dept, and liked it. Kev was in the meat dept then, and I fell in love with him as soon as I saw him, but only told 1 person (my best friend for the 5 years after my divorce, Joe...now he won't even talk to me, cuz I married Kevin...Joe worked at the store in this town w/us.). After I took produce, 6 months later I transferred up north, but still lived in town here, & stopped in to talk to Kev all the time! Phew! More later...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: