Friday, April 22, 2005

life is great...

I realized that my life right now, is truly blessed. And my biggest blessing is Kevin! I have to type this in here, because I feel bad if I say too much about it to my friends (those that I'm still in contact with...most melted away after my diagnosis of ms, & I wasn't a 'whole person' anymore.
When Kev and I first started going out, we worked together at the same store, & everyone laughed about it, and said there was no way it would work out, I was too wild, & he, well, he wasn't. We never got in arguments, though, and I quit going out all the time & partying. By the way, when I had, it was when I worked up north, and when I was gone late or overnight, Tiffany always stayed with my mom & dad. So she was far from neglected or ignored! I erred on the side of 'spoildom', if you will...
Anyway, I would tell my best friends about Kev, and they always thought I was bullshitting them, but I wasn't! I'd tell them that if I could, I'd truly clone Kevin, and give one to each of them. It's my opinon that it is SO good that we were good friends for 5 years first, before I ever had any hope of dating him. (he'd had a girlfriend for years, & she always hung around the store, and we all hated her, she was big, & mean...). So I never did anything, except flirt (which was natural for everyone in any store I ever worked at!). I was scared of his girlfriend....turns out, so was he! He finally broke up with her...my first words were "Yeah! It's MY turn!" Once at the beginning of our dating, we went back to his apartment to play Mario Brothers (video games were better back then!). So, all of a sudden, we heard a knock on the front door...Kevin looked out the front window & it was her! Or, 'the ex-girlfriend from hell' as we still to this day, 15 years later, call her!! So, we decided to just be quiet, and stay away from the windows, and maybe she'd give up & go away. She knew by then that he was going out with someone, but she sure as hell didn't know it was me! So we tiptoed around the corner into the dining room, and kinda hunkered down in the corner, snickering. So, everything was all fun & games...then she started going around the house! (it was the downstairs apartment), knocking on every fucking window!! calling "Kevvie, Kevvie!" To this day, I want to rip someone's tongue out if they call him that!! So here we are, crouching in the corner, hiding, and there's his ex, knocking on the windows at 1 in the morning.I leaned over and told Kevin, "You know, we'll probly laugh about this someday..". A few minutes later, somebody started knocking on the back door to the basement...we stayed where we were, knew it wasn't the Fuller brush man, or anything...then she stopped, we thought "whew!". There was another apartment upstairs in this house, and there were stairs connecting them (a converted old house) with a deadbolt on each side. Pretty soon we hear "clomp clomp" coming down the stairs (k had lived there w/Kev for a while, so the neighbor knew her), and knock, knock, it started from THAAT door too!! So we waited that out too, she went away (we thought! duhhhh). All of a sudden, she was beating on the back door to the kitchen/basement again, and it busted open!! Told you she was big, didn't I? So she came barging in to the dining room, saw me, & took a flying leap at me! Luckily, Kevin stepped between us and saved me from being hit by 180 lbs of flying heifer! However, all of a sudden, she hit the ground & grabbed her chest, & yelled 'my heart, my heart!'. And this is Kev's character..he bent over her and said 'are you ok?', & she tried to kick him in the nuts!! and got up & ran after me again! So Kev grabbed her, and told me to go out the front door...I did, and he took her out the back door to get her in his car & take her to her mom's....she broke away from him, and saw me on the front porch, leaped over the wall, and started beating the shit out of my head by pounding it into the BRICK wall...it was an old brick house. Luckily, I had really thick hair...but it STILL fuckin' hurt! So he got her off me, took her home to her mom's, then came back, I got in my car after we lauhged about it, went to my mom's, picked up Tiff, and went home & went to bed...no biggie! at age 24, what is?
BoUnCeS!! LibbY! very cathartic....

No comments: