Tuesday, March 14, 2006

american idol tonite 8 - 10!!

That chihuahua has the same look on his face the guys all used to have when we got together to go drinking & dancing on Saturday nights...we'd all be out on the dance floor in miniskirts, high heels...and the guys used to just hang around at the sides of the floor...watching (dreaming!). Well...at least the dog has the guts to try!!

My last post was kind of a bummer...I just need to tack something on. I'm honestly surprised I was diagnosed so quickly, without even having to have a spinal tap. Oh...I guess that would be like a left-handed compliment, huh? The reason it only took 2 or 3 months, was #1..I had really GREAT doctors...especially my primary care dr that sent me for all those tests. When I went back to him after I found out it was ms, he just sat down in the chair in the room, and buried his head in his hands, & just shook his head for a few..&, #2...from everything I've heard & read about diagnoses, the average time takes approx 3 YEARS!! So here's the left-handed compliment...it was diagnosed so quick, because my mri was COVERED with 'brain scabs'! Well...that's what they are...let's call a spade a spade! My second neurologist told me from the way the mri looks, I've had this since I was a teenager!! Thank God I never had ANY symptoms til I was 29 & 11/12!! (happy 30th birthday, Libby!!). And, even though I trusted the first neuro, I did go to 3 other ones for more opinions, here in town, OSU hospital, and I finally found a dr I like .a lot at the Cleveland Clinic. And I get up there for my checkups, 2 or 3 times a yr. They originally tried to schedule them 4 a yr, but it's a 3 hr drive, & Kev has to take off work to take me...he gets FMLA for that, but I told Dr Stone, "Tellya what...if they find a cure, just call me and tell me. Otherwise, I think a couple times a year is enough, okay?"
I'm going to go to the place Tiff works tomorrow (Kev's dad'll probly take me), and she's gonna give me a haircut again, and it really needs thinned!! And then she's gonna color it back blonde. I've heard that as you get older, your hair tends to get darker...at least there's no gray (yet)! The big thing I miss this time of year is tanning beds! I used to go 3 or 4 times a week, but, heat makes you feel like SHIT with ms. And, hey, here's a stupid liittle fact,,,like, a hundred years ago, if ms was suspected by your dr, they would have you sit in a hot bath, & then see how your disabilities were affected...that's how they diagnosed it then! Oh...I mean, see how crippled you were when you got out (you know it's so funny to see the reaction you get when you say 'I'm crippled' :-D ). Okay...Everybody Loves Raymond is on...gotta go watch...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: