Friday, August 05, 2005

and here i thought my life was boring...



Yeah...this is exactly how boring it is. Kevin & I got woke up at 4 in the morning, and it was thundering & lightning like crazy! Our bedroom's downstairs, but Tiff's is upstairs. I expected her to come downstairs, but she didn't. So, this morning, it was all nice & sunny, and we didn't even mention the storm! Kevin's & Tiffany's cars were parked in the driveway (which is, ummm, right under this tree limb!), but they both left by 11 am. So, I came in here and got on the computer, and I heard something against the porch railing around 12:30. I just figured it was Tiff & Ricky coming home. I turned around to say hi, and THAT was all I saw!! OMG!! We have this huge, enormous tree in front of our house, and we've tried to get the city to trim it a little every year, but they always say no, that's our responsibility...so I asked them a few years ago if we could just take it out. Nooooo....."it's on the tree lawn, and that means it's our property." WTF?? If it's theirs, trim the damn thing!! So, anyway....I got up & went out on the porch & took some pictures of this, im'd Kevin to tell him. He called & said I should call his dad to come over and see if the outside of the house was damaged at all. So I did, but Kev came home anyway, in case he had to call the insurance company. And even before he got here, some of the guys that work for the city had gone past & seen Kev's dad outside, pulled over & talked to him cuz they know him, and had already called people to come over and cut it up! And when they got here and got to work on it, they finally realized how big the tree is! They said that limb was about the size of a tree itself! (we knew that...duhhhhh). And it wasn't a branch, it was a whole limb, with branches attached! We just were blessed with the facts that...#1, neither of the cars were in the driveway....#2, the limb didn't hit the house at all...#3, the city took care of it within a couple hours!, #4, actually, the limb didn't hit ANYTHING except the ground! Because there was nothing in the way...no cars in the driveway, the neighbors have no idea that they had a freakin' tree in their yard! Even though it came down just inches from the wishing well they had just put out there! So...now it's all cut up in a pile in our front yard! Damn! I told Kev 'I liked it better when it was in THEIR yard!'. Hmmmppphhhh...

So we have a big pile of tree in our front yard that's probably 5 feet tall...Kev says they're gonna pick it up on Monday...we'll see...

BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: