Sunday, August 28, 2005

last night's discussion...

Okay...I hafta admit it...I WANT this house!! Even though, yes, I know I can't do stairs anymore because of my ms, and Kevin never wants to own a 2-story house again, much less 3 or 4 stories! (boo...they're the ones with character!). This house was a few houses down the street from the one I grew up in, and I've always loved it!!
So...last night for some silly reason, Tiff, & Kevin, & I were sitting in the living room, talking about caskets! Tiffany said she didn't think people should have to pay for 'em. I could definitely understand that, because, you know, they're going in the ground, and nobody'll ever see them again! I see...I think a good idea would be if a funeral home would rent out the caskets to people for their 'open casket' funerals, and then after the funeral & everything is over, they could take the body, and just put it in a box to be buried in, then they'd still have the casket for the next person...I don't know...maybe that's a stupid idea...I really have been to lots less funerals than my 21-year old daughter has, and that, in itself, is the saddest thing in the world...So then she started talking about cremation, and Kevin & I both said that was what we're each planning on for ourselves.....and she's like "Eeeeeewwwww, gross!! You want to be burned??" I said, "Yeah...to death..." No, seriously...I don't care what anybody does with my body after I'm dead...I'll be done with it! Like one of my friends used to say..."Just stick a hambone up my ass and let the dog drag me away...what do I care??" Good point...
Then Kevin told her that some people get airtight seals on their coffins, like on refrigerators, and we just don't get that. #1, there's no air underground, and #2, Kevin said "Do you know what would happen if you put meat in something airtight? You'd just be cooking your loved one!" Okay, I know, we're just sick & wrong...but, at least, we're honest with our daughter........I think....I don't know...most of my information comes from the a & e show 'Family Plots"....
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: