Sunday, August 21, 2005

my 'news analysis'. 1st post today (a boring Sunday)

...where's Bert?

I'm watching the news today, and hearing about the 'illegal aliens' waltzing across our borders...and wondering why our federal government isn't trying harder to stop it. And, unfortunately, I have doubts in President Bush's decisions about it. No, I'm not saying "I don't think anyone should be able to come here." What I'm saying is that anybody is welcome to come here...legally!! I know that the vast majority of people who come here just want to be in America, have a job and make money honestly, maybe create their own business, everything any American dreams about. But...to sneak across the border and get our welfare, health care, when many of us who were born here don't get it? Don't you have any pride, people? And they can get a driver's license?? That's the worst thing I ever heard of! Why would you just give somebody a driver's license who broke the law to GET here? I don't know...maybe I'm just one of those misguided republicans, or something, but, to me, that would seem to be a no-brainer! You really shouldn't reward bad behavior, as anyone who's been a parent will tell you! And I honestly believe that the next terrorist attack in this country will come from someone who came across our border (north or south!) without questions from anyone. The president always says his number one job is to keep our country and citizens safe. Well, with the exception of this issue, he's done well...but I think this is a HUGE oversight! Sorry, but it's my opinion, and my blog!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: