Saturday, July 09, 2005

bridezillas...

Well, today was one of Tiff's friends weddings, and Tiff was in charge of the guest book. She was a little disappointed because she wasn't a bridesmaid, but she got over that, cuz she wasn't THAT good of a friend of hers. So, they'll have fun today. Kat (Kevin's sister) is the dj for the reception, Ken used to be a dj, and he passed all of his equipment to her for Christmas a few years ago when he decided he wanted to quit doing that, so she has all the lights, microphones, dj stands, computer music on her laptop, etc...so a lot of people are having her do their receptions, graduations, etc, and she loves it now! She's even done class reunions too. So, Tiff was running around here today getting ready to go. She & her friend had an argument yesterday on the phone, and Tiff wasn't even sure she wanted to go, much less do anything in it! Kat tried to call J for a week before she got a call back to set up the reception! And J was being a total bitch to Tiff on the phone yesterday! Tiff asked her what exactly J wanted her to wear (you know, the color, pants, skirt, dress, etc...), J said, very snottily, mind you, "I don't know why you're stressing about this. You're not really doing anything.". And when Tiff's called her before, to ask where exactly the church was, cuz the invitation didn't have directions on it, just the road (a long road, out in the country!), J told her "It's on that road, just like on the invitation!". When she found out Tiff was engaged, she never said congratulations, she said "Are you sure you want to do that?" Grrrrrrrr!!! I liked this girl, before she got engaged to her boyfriend! (a year ago). They've been friends since 10th grade or so...and J has dated this same guy since, like, 6th grade, and Tiff's been there for her every time this guy's gone out on J, but she's still her friend, even though a lot of J's other friends told her they won't go to her wedding to him. So....I guess maybe I didn't have TIME to be a 'bridezilla', we decided to get married on Wed night, & got married at city hall Friday!
Tiff was also talking about her own bachelorette party, and I said 'whattya mean? I didn't have one!!' Tiff just turned around and looked at me 'you didn't have time!' Kevin didn't have a bachelor party either, for the same reason...but, for our 10th anniversary, I gave him a great big bundle of one dollar bills, and arranged for some of his friends to come over and take him to a cool strip club in Columbus that weekend. So, I told him that was his 'belated' bachelor party! All I got was what my mom & Tiff, & Kev's mom did to our apartment while we were on our weekend honeymoon. You know, change labels on cans of food, short-sheet the bed, and, the #1 thing...cover the toilet (under the toilet seat) with Saran Wrap, so of course you couldn't see it, and your pee went all over the floor....
So, I remembered today about when Tiff was like one or two years old...I'd bring home a box of Lucky Charms for breakfast, and she'd run around the apartment yelling "Yucky Tarms, Yucky Tarms!!" And we still, to this day, call them that..but only in front of her;-) . And when I'd pick her up at the babysitters, after they'd had a big day playing, she'd of course, not want to leave, she'd want to stay and play (PWAY!!), and she'd cry while I was holding her, talking with the babysitter in the yard, and we could still see the other kids playing, I'd whisper to the babysitter 'she's just t-i-r-e-d.....' And Tiff would scream "I'm not TIRED!!" That spelling had to have come from my mom!! haha! But, we saw both of Tiff's babysitters (separately) at stores a few years ago, and I & Tiffany got to go up and give them both hugs, and tell them 'thanks!'.That was really neat! Her very first babysitter's husband works for my brother at his construction company, & I still see her sometimes. She babysat when Tiff was really a baby, 2 or 3 months old. And she actually used to wake Tiffany up so she could rock her to sleep!! But her kids had already BEEN babies, and she missed that!
Okay, outta here....
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: