Monday, July 18, 2005

Okay, that was fun...

http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofrockerareyouquiz/


You Are a Freedom Rocker!
You're stuck in the 70s - for better or worse Crazy hair, pot soaked clothes, and tons of groupiesYour kind showed the world how to rock! Is that freedom rock?... Well turn it up man!
It really was fun....but how could I be a '70's rocker, when I wasn't born until 1964? And, trust me, my parents didn't encourage rock music anytime! My Dad is & was a Dave Brubeck fan...he LOVES 'elevator music'! My older brother, Doug, gave me his 8-track player (remember those?) when I was 8 or 9 and he was 19 or 20, and he gave me my first 2 tapes...Jethro Tull, and Aerosmith (the original that had 'Dream On', 'Mama Kin', 'Walking The Dog'), and I listened to that nonstop, until I finally got a stereo (record player!) for Christmas when I was 11 or 12. Then my brothers gave me their old 'Magical Mystery Tour' and other Beatles albums. Yeah, my mom & dad loved that (not), and my dad got me a couple of 'elevator music' albuns, 1 was supposed to have 'The Fool On The Hill' on it...I put it on, all excited...and found out it was instrumental, and very 'elevatorish'! I took it off the record player & just sat in my room crying. Wow, you should all feel honored, I've never told ANYBODY that! Anyway, when I was 12, I was hanging out with Kim, and we rode double on my bike to the closest record store and browsed around for awhile...I had money from babysitting and I bought my OWN very first album...'High Voltage', AC/DC! So Kim & I rode home on my bike (oh, this is funny too..on the ride home, we stopped & bought 'Slush Puppies', remember those too? Kim was riding on the back of my bike, she had a blue slush puppie, and all of a sudden I heard her yell "shit!". I stopped, turned around, and a bird flying over us had shit in her blue slush!! Oh, funnie!!). So when we got the album (yes, ALBUM, not cd!) home, we ran upstairs, and played it nonstop too! And Mom, to this day, hates AC/DC!! She just about hit the ceiling when she was here, and I told her that my internet friend in Australia loves them too, and has even seen them in concert down there, at a bar, where she said they started out before they became famous!
Okay, I'm going to go on with stupid shit and questions...
31. Why, when a guy treats his wife/girlfriend like shit, and somebody points out the obvious, she'll dissolve in tears, and say, "But I LOVE him!!"
32. Why do parents not discipline their children? A lot of parents seem to be afraid that their kids will get mad at them. Hmmmm...I don't ever remember my parents or my friends' parents being concerned about that, and, in our (not-so-humble) opinion, we're all okay. Okay, well, maybe some of us are psychopaths, but not all!
33. There seem to be so many more women who are really scared when they're pregnant, that they'll do something to hurt the baby they're pregnant with. I don't know if that has anything to do with the better medical knowledge, or what. It seems like the more you know, the more there is for some people to be afraid of, and knowledge is power, not something to scare you!! Yes, there are things to be nervous about when you're having a baby, but the vast majority of problems come when you're trying to raise them!!
34. Speaking of raising kids...why do adoptive parents have to go through such a long, difficult process, when parents who give birth don't have to answer one single question before they take their baby home?
35. When I was looking for another job in 1993, someone asked if I would babysit for a living. Heck no! I would be in charge of spending money for my department at the store, $10,000 a week, but what if something happened to that child? Money doesn't even compare!
Ok...I quit, I'm tired...but I do have to watch Greta VanSusteren at 10.
LibbY!

No comments: