Monday, June 06, 2005

It's gonna be TOO hot tomorrow!

It was WAY too hot and sticky out yesterday! Today was a little bit better, but I'm scared of tomorrow...it's gonna be 93, and sunny. Now, if you're used to it, or if it's a dry heat (haha), that's not too bad, BUT if you're in central Ohio, you know that just means it's gonna be fucking TOO hot and humid!! Okay...other than that crap, I haven't done a whole lot today. Oh, yeah! I made another awesome Photoshow out of all the pix we took at my old house! I LOVE doing this! I can make each picture dissolve into the next, or pinwheel, or flip right or left, or turn like book pages! And the music I looped in the background is "The Sad Cafe" by the Eagles, which is SO perfect for it! I think I'm gonna make a dvd out of it, and give it to my dad for Father's Day. I think he'd like it...
Anyway, I was just thinking about how much my friends and I used to walk...no, I'm not throwing a pity party, I'm just amazed at the shit we did (and got away with!) Because, Kim used to stay with me every weekend, since her mom & dad moved her family about 7 to 10 miles out in the country, and we did all kinds of shit, and my mom was, well, just...too trusting, I guess! Possibly that's because she was a teenager in the 1930's & '40's! She had no clue of the difference between then and the 1970's & '80's! Okay...she was 42 when she had me, and Kim & I 'took advantage' of that...but what teenager wouldn't?? Anyway, a lot of Saturday nights, we'd have my mom & dad take us across town (to the 'bad side of town', as they referred to it.) But we had good friends that lived 'over there'! So we'd have them drop us off at Denise's house. Then they'd drive away, watching us go in the front door...they didn't see us walk through the living room, chat with Denise's pothead brothers, then walk out the back door to freedom!! Then we'd plan our night of getting some beer, wine, etc, and when we were gonna split up later to each go to our boyfriend's houses (ya, we were 14 or 15), and when we did, we'd meet the next morning at my boyfriend's house at 7 am, and then walk back to my house (giggling & swapping stories all the way!). And we actually got away with that shit for a couple years until we got our driver's licenses! And THAT, my friends, is part of the reason Tiffany didn't get away with much, if anything! And what I haven't done, Kevin has! Once, after Tiff was driving when she was 16, she went over to her boyfriend's house, and it was 'on the other side of the tracks'...(yeah, here I go, following in my parents footsteps!). So, when she came home a few minutes late, she used the fact that there was a train as an excuse...I said, yeah...if there were railroad tracks to cross, you were in a place you shouldn't be. Ken was here, and I thought he'd die laughing! Gotta go to bed! g'nite!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: