Thursday, June 02, 2005

London, England...

I remember back when I was a kid, my parents took me to London twice on vacations. Once when I was 6, and again when I was 12. The one when I was 6 was neat, because I was still young enough to get along with my parents, and everything over there was exciting! I remember that trip, we had a room in a big fancy hotel for the whole two weeks, and I remember it was real fancy! A big thing I remember is that one time we were in the restaurant, and I had to go to the bathroom. It was a little down the hall from the main restaurant, and Mom pointed the way, she could still see me. So, I remember walking down the hall to the bathroom doors, and looking up, and one said "Yeomen" and the other said "Wenches". (and I fully remember that, I even remember the SCRIPT it was in!). So...I trudged back to the table and said "Mommy, am I a yeoman or a wench?" haha!! and, keep in mind, I was young, and pronounced it "yee-oh-man"! Another really cool thing I remember from that trip is the fact that we went to Trafalgar Square every day! There were all kinds of statues there, and the biggest was surrounded by 4 huge, enormous lions (statues, of course!). And I always climbed up on them and sat on them, although I had to take turns with all the other kids there, some lived there, some lived other places around the world!
Our second trip wasn't that much fun, cuz, of course, I was 12, & had grown into the 'teenage-type' years. So I was totally b*****, and I'm sure not much fun to be around! So that trip we went to other places, that I wanted to see. The Tower Of London (scary as hell!), Madame Tussaid's Wax Museum, another museum called "The London Dungeon", which had everything scary & creepy in London's history! beheadings, etc! So guess what I begged for as a souvenir...a guillotine, that was about 12 inches high, and has a real blade in it! I still have it, and it's actually pretty cool! Then, as we were walking in the area beside the subway (or the 'tube', as it's called there!) a guy in a business suit went running past us to get on his train, and he tripped and fell, and landed on his head, and all I could see was a pool of blood spreading, before my mom grabbed my hand and hurried me away! Something else that creeped me out there was the fact that we were walking over the Thames River in downtown London, on one of the bridges, and I looked over the railing down at the water, and I saw a HUMAN ARM floating by!! I yelled for Mom & Dad, and they saw it, but we were all in shock, and didn't know what to think until after it floated away! We were actually there for a month that summer (would've been 77, 78, somethng like that). We were renting my dad's business associate's apartment, & wow, was that a trip! The 'bathrooms' there, are, quite literally, BATHrooms! So, in our apartment, there were 2 bedrooms, a big living room with a tv, but it only got 2 channels, BBC1 & BBC2. Yawn!, a BATHroom, and, down the hall, a toilet room with a pull chain toilet! How quaint (at least that's what my mom said...Dad & I were NOT impressed!). Mom's always been a big fan of ANYTHING British! So, actually, she REALLY oughtta love Kev, cuz he's a descendant of the first prime minister of England! (she does like Kev a lot, just cuz she knows nobody else would be there for me the way he is!). And I remember seeing Buckingham Palace, and all the guards outside on horses, with their big hats. And, they are ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN to smile or anything, no matter what happens! Cuz Dad has pictures of me standing in front of them. He also has pictures of me feeding all the pigeons in Trafalgar Square (billions of them, always!). Okay...I need to go play with my dvd studio program on here....
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

No comments: