Friday, June 24, 2005

wondering...

I'm kinda curious...do you think God sometimes saves you from your self-destructiveness for a certain reason?
Because I'm gonna admit something here that I did regularly, and hardly anyone knows it (not even Kev!) Well, after reading everyone's remarks about the drunk-driving dumbass (which I totally agree with, and thank you for!)...BTW, the article was in the paper with his arrest & his charges...I'll put that in...anyway...I used to get drunk 2 times a week when I worked up north. And when me & all my friends were done drinking at the bars, we'd leave, and go whereever, and do stupid shit, then around 4 (or 5 or 6 or 7 am), we'd all take off to go home (everybody always asked me to stay with them, but I never did), and I'd drive home, an hour south, usually at least half-drunk. I thank God every day that I made it, and I NEVER had any near-misses, except the time I was tired after I had worked 24 hours straight to cover for the manager, when he called in 'lazy' one day! That time I was so tired that I acutally nodded off while I was driving, and almost ran into an overpass, but, I swear, I felt a hand on my shoulder that shook me, and I woke up before I even veered out of my lane! Believe me, Tiffany was never with me, I NEVER drove drunk with her in the car! She stayed overnight with my mom & dad every Tuesday and Saturday nights,because I always had Wednesdays & Sundays off.) I even used to see Kev's boss (this was WAY before we went out!) driving to his job in another town north, while I was driving south to go home! We'd wave sometimes across the divided highway! So, when I'd get home, I'd drag myself up the stairs to my apartment & go to bed for a few hours, then go over to Mom & Dad's & get Tiff. The absolute LAST time I drove after drinking was when I was going out with an old boyfriend (named John...are all Johns assholes, Christine?) and we were at a bar about a half-hour north of here with, actually, the owner of the company's son!, drinking, of course. I decided at 2 am that I wanted to go home, John wouldn't take me. So....I took his keys, & went out & got in his car, started it...but the headlights wouldn't come on, no matter what I did! (you know hitting the dash, kicking, cussing it out, etc!)... so I just said WTF, and went driving down the two-lane highway with no lights, at 2:25 am! And nobody saw me, and I made it home safely, and John had to come up & knock on my door the next day for his keys! HAHA! So I broke up with him for good (after 2 years, off & on!! I was stoopid!) And never drove drunk again. So, I always wonder...was I just saved so I could become a good Mom to Tiffany, becaause she had nobody to raise her but me? So, does that mean that she is the only reason I'm still here? Hmmmmmm....it doesn't matter, I'm happy I am, & happy I was here to BE her mom...but I dunno...
Oh, here's the stuff about that driver...

E. Perez, 20, was arrested on charges of aggravated vehicular assault, no operator's license, underage consumption, driving under the influence and reckless operation.
(copied & pasted from our paper,I took out name & address)

LibbY!

No comments: